As part of this week’s guest blogger series, Bri Rinehart, “a small-town Californian living life in the big city of Boston”, as she puts it, of Bri in Boston, offers up a delectable and easy-to-make recipe that will be a fabulous addition to any holiday dessert table. By day, Bri is a marketing coordinator and by night, she is an adventurer, photographer and blogger. Bri loves football and you can find her cheering on the New England Patriots on Sundays (something Erika also loves!). Her blog documents her adventures, DIY projects, tips, reviews and much more. Follow her on Twitter @BriRinehart
Looking for a simple dessert to make for the holidays? Look no further! This quick and easy dessert will have your friends loving it and asking for more (or even for the recipe!). This recipe takes 20 minutes or less to make and serves 12 people.
What you’ll need
- 1 pkg (8 oz) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- 12 Oreo sandwich cookies
- Multi-colored sprinkles
Let’s Make It
- Place your softened cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. Beat the cream cheese and sugar until it is well blended. Gently stir in the Cool Whip whipped topping. Stir until the mixture is well-blended.
- Place twelve Oreos into muffin cups. Spoon the cream cheese mixture on top of the Oreos. If you have leftover cream cheese mixture, add additional topping to the Oreos. Add multi-colored sprinkles to the top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the mini Oreo cheesecake in the fridge until you are ready to serve! When you are ready to serve, take out the mini Oreo cheesecakes and place them on a festive platter.
- Set the platter out and watch them disappear!
Insider’s tip: For the best results, make the mini Oreo cheesecakes the day before you plan on serving them to your guests. The cream cheese mixture will soften the Oreo overnight for a softer crust.