Starbucks pink drink is literally everywhere. #PinkDrive is pretty pink, it’s got the fruit of the season (strawberries), it’s refreshing and also … it’s vegan. Random, I know. Also, it’s pretty healthy. All the drink is, is the Strawberry Acai Refresher with no water, substitute coconut milk. Pretty simple and pretty, pretty. If you’re like me, and already spend obscene amounts of money on coffee, the last thing you want to do is shell out $4.55 for a venti one of these on top of your daily caff fix. Also, if you’re in a rush, you can’t order it on the Starbucks mobile app (dumb) and you’ll have to wait in line to order it.
So — it’s #NationalPinkDay (who knew?) — so I decided I’d teach you how to make this deliciousness at home.
What you need:
- Unsweetened coconut milk
- Agave nectar or honey
- Stevia sweetener (I like Truvia)
- Hibiscus tea (or passion tea — I like Tazo)
- Blueberry Green Tea or Acai Green Tea
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped (8-10 medium to large berries)
- White grape juice
- Lemon juice
Let’s make it!
- Boil 1 1/2 cups of water
- When water is boiled, in separate cup or bowl, steep two passion/hibiscus tea bags and one blueberry/acai green tea bag for 5-7 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, chop strawberries in quarters.
- Add 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup white grape juice to steeping tea after 5-7 minutes. Let stand until tea is cool.
- Pour tea blend in serving pitcher.
- Add 1/2 cup of agave or honey, and 4 packets of stevia sweetener to create the tea blend base.
- Pour in 4 cups of coconut milk.
- Add chopped strawberries into pitcher.
- Stir everything together and boom — you have pink drink!
- Pour over ice and serve immediately.
Pink drink will last up to 2 days uncovered in refrigerator, but after that the strawberries won’t be fresh anymore.
To make this last longer, make the base only and store that, doubling the recipe. When you want to serve it and enjoy, chop 2-3 strawberries, add 3/4 cup of coconut milk and pour over ice. The base will keep refrigerated up to one week.